Funding Available to Support your School Breakfast Program
No Kid Hungry Georgia will support schools with the purchase of approved equipment, materials and initiatives facilitating alternative breakfast delivery models, such as breakfast in the classroom, grab and go, or second chance breakfast, in an effort to increase student participation in school breakfast.
APPLICATION DUE: Friday, April 17, 2020
All schools implementing or prepared to implement an alternative breakfast delivery model are eligible for up to $5,000 in grant funds.
Budget requests can include but are not limited to:
- Equipment purchases: insulated bags and grab-and-go carts
- Supplies: trash cans and bags
- Technology: point of service machines
- Promotional materials: banners and ads
APPROVED ALTERNATIVE BREAKFAST DELIVERY MODELS:
- Breakfast in the classroom
- Grab and Go to the Classroom: served at the start of the school day
- Second Chance Breakfast: served grab and go style to the classroom
- Second Chance Breakfast: eating in the cafeteria
To complete an application, you will need:
- Total school enrollment and school-level breakfast and lunch participation data for October 2019
- Contact information for the School Nutrition Director, School Business Official and application POC contact information
- The intended breakfast model the school would like to implement, anticipated start date, and when/where the meals will be served
- Key strategies the school has taken and/or plans to implement the program and some anticipated challenges
- Detailed budget outline of grant request
*Note: Grants may be funded through corporate partners working with the No Kid Hungry Campaign. You will be notified upon receipt of the grant award if a corporate partner is sponsoring this opportunity.*
BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION!
- Login to or create an account for the No Kid Hungry Grants Portal at https://nokidhungrygrants.force.com/. To create a new account, click on “New User?”.
- To begin your application after you have logged in to the No Kid Hungry Grants Portal, click on Start New Application on your Grantee Dashboard. This can be found on the top left corner of your home page, right below the No Kid Hungry logo.
- Input the following access code to gain access to the application: GABREAKFAST2020. Click on Start Application to begin.
- Be sure to input all required answers and save frequently as you are inputting information. Complete the application when all information is entered by clicking on “Review Your Answers” and then “Submit Your Answers.”
Program Related: GeorgiaSchoolBreakfast@strength.org
Technical or portal-related: firstname.lastname@example.org