Grants will support schools with the purchase of approved equipment, materials and initiatives facilitating breakfast after the bell delivery models (such as breakfast in the classroom, grab and go, or second chance breakfast) in an effort to increase student participation in school breakfast.
Application Due Date: November 22, 2019
Grant Amount: Average grant amount per school $5,000
Applying schools must either be implementing or be prepared to implement a breakfast after the bell delivery model in school year 2019-2020.
Approved alternative breakfast delivery models include:
- Breakfast in the Classroom
- Grab and Go to the Classroom served at the start of the school day
- Second Chance Breakfast served grab and go style to the classroom
- Second Chance Breakfast eaten in the cafeteria
Suggested budget requests include, but are not limited to:
- Equipment: purchases such as insulated bags and grab and go carts
- Supplies: trash cans and bags
- Technology: point of service machines
To complete an application, you will need:
- School level breakfast and lunch participation data, as well as total school enrollment from October 2019.
- Food Service director and application POC contact information.
- Breakfast model you plan to implement, anticipated start date, and when/where you will serve meals.
- Key strategies you have taken/plan to take to implement your program and anticipated challenges.
- Detailed budget outline of grant request.
- Login to the No Kid Hungry Grants Portal at https://nokidhungrygrants.force.com/
If you have an account but have trouble logging in, please reset your password or email our help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
To begin your application after you have created an account or logged in, go to https://sforce.co/2qV1u5S
Complete the application and click “save and next” before hitting “submit.”
If you are submitting multiple applications, you will need to click the link in step three again to access the application.
For program related questions, please contact Mia Medina, Program Associate, No Kid Hungry Texas at email@example.com
About No Kid Hungry
No child should go hungry in America. But 1 in 7 kids will face hunger this year. No Kid Hungry is ending childhood hunger through effective programs that provide kids with the food they need. This is a problem we know how to solve. No Kid Hungry is a campaign of Share Our Strength, an organization working to end hunger and poverty. Join us at NoKidHungry.org