With Maryland Public Schools closing until April 24th in effort to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, many school districts and meal sponsors are serving meals at various schools and community sites to ensure youth 18 & under receive the nutrition they need.
Please visit mdsummermeals.org to find a meal service location in your community. Please note that meal service sites are added and updated every evening.
Please also see below for a list linking to the school districts serving meals for Maryland youth. Information will be updated as districts confirm plans and announce the sites where students can receive meals.
Thank you to the Maryland State Department of Education, Food & Nutrition Service teams, and meal sponsors across their state for their hard work and commitment to the health of students.
- Allegany – The Allegany County Public Schools’ Food Service Department will be offering three meals per day for students, which will include breakfast, lunch, and a snack, beginning on Monday, March 23, 2020. All meals will continue to be available at all 21 school locations from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. All three meals may be picked up at the same time. As has been the policy this week, meals may be picked up by parents/students at any of the schools (even if they are not enrolled in that school) during the scheduled pick-up times.
- Anne Arundel – AACPS will provide curbside pickup free breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday-Friday from 12-12:30PM beginning at 60 school and community locations throughout the county. Children must be between ages of 2-18. There are no income or registration requirements. Click here for more information on meal service locations and times.
- Baltimore City – Starting Monday, March 30 through Friday, April 24, Baltimore City Public Schools are providing grab-n-go meals to all Baltimore children and youth (18 and under) at 18 meal sites. The meals will be available from 10am-2pm and children and adults can each receive 4 meals/person. Click here for more information on meal service times. The City, in partnership with Family League of Baltimore, are providing meals for youth until April 26th at additional community and mobile sites listed
- Baltimore County – BCPS will be serving meals which may be picked up in the parking lots of the locations identified here on Mondays through Fridays, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., through April 24. Dept. of Rec and Parks, under the Maryland Food Bank and St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore, will also offer meal distribution (first come first serve basis) weekdays from 11AM-1PM to children 18 & under at the sites listed
- Calvert –CCPS will begin distribution of free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack at 3 locations (updated) from 11AM-12PM until April 24th. Please click here for more information.
- Caroline – Breakfast and lunch ready meals will be distributed Monday-Thursday along with Weekend Backpacks and Family Bags for children aged 2-18. Children must pick up the meals in person. Please click here for more information on service sites and times.
- Carroll – CCPS will be providing free breakfast and lunch to children 18 and under at locations throughout the county. Drive through service available. Please click here for information on meal service times and locations.
- Cecil – CCPS Food and Nutrition Department will be offering free meals throughout the mandated school closure Monday-Fridays at the locations listed here. Meal service is open to all children in Cecil County and meals will be bagged to be picked up and taken home.
- Charles – Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) is offering free meals Monday-Friday, 11AM-1PM, for all children 18 and younger while the school system is closed through Friday, April 24. The curbside distribution of breakfast packs and cold, bagged meals will take place at 11 sites listed
- Dorchester – Effective Monday, March 23, there will be four additional locations where students can pick up their grab-and-go bags of food items each day, Monday through Friday. The new locations are Warwick Elementary, South Dorchester School, 1243 Zachary Drive in Foxtail Crossing, and Dorchester County Public Schools Central Office at 700 Glasgow St. in Cambridge.Pick-up times are the same as other sites, 11:00 to 12:30. As a reminder, other sites for pick-up are Choptank, Sandy Hill, Hurlock, and Vienna Elementary Schools, North Dorchester High School, the Empowerment Center on Pine St., New Beginnings on Greenwood Ave., and the parking lot of the Goodwill Store at Cambridge Marketplace. Children must be present to receive the meals; adults cannot accept meals on their behalf. Children age 4 to 18 are eligible to receive the bags. Partner, Meals till Monday, will also be distributing weekend food through most of these locations at the end of next week. Please click here for more information from
- Frederick – Frederick County Public Schools (FCPS) is serving breakfasts, lunches and suppers to go at 22 sites throughout Frederick County. Participants must be age 18 or under unless they are adults enrolled in an educational program for persons with disabilities. They do not have to live in Frederick County, be FCPS students or be registered to attend the schools serving meals. They do not have to be eligible for free or reduced-price meals. From all locations and at all mealtimes, children’s meals are “to go.” Monday-Friday, breakfasts are served “to go” 8:30-9:30 a.m., with lunches and suppers served “to go” 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. In addition, community-based sites are serving “to go” breakfasts, lunches and suppers from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Look for the bright yellow school buses. Please click here for more information from FCPS on all meal service locations.
- Garrett – Garrett County Public Schools will offer free meals to any child 18 and under. Please click here for meal service sites and times.
- Harford – Children age 18 and under and/or any HCPS student, regardless of age, will receive a nutritious breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a single pickup. Children do not have to be eligible for free and reduced-price meals or be enrolled in school distribution location. Participants are encouraged to bring a bag to carry home meals each day. Click here for list of meal service locations from HCPS.
- Howard – The Howard County Public School System will continue to provide free Grab-N-Go meals to anyone age 18 and under and/or any HCPSS student, regardless of age, throughout state-mandated school closures, extended through April 24. There will be no meal service Friday, April 10 or Monday, April 13. Participants will be given a Grab-N-Go snack, lunch and dinner for that day, as well as a Grab-N-Go breakfast for the following day. Participants are encouraged to bring a bag to carry home meals each day. Please click here for more information on meal service times and locations.
- Kent – KCPS will be serving Grab and Go breakfast/lunches from 11:30AM-1PM. Please click here for information on site locations. Click here for mobile meal locations.
- Montgomery – Grab and Go meals will be provided Monday-Friday from 11AM-1PM beginning. Please click here for the list of meal service locations and backpack programs.
- Prince George’s – Breakfast, lunch and a snack will be available weekdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. School system staff will be on hand to distribute meals in the cafeteria or parking lot depending on the weather. Students may pick up all three meals, which may include cold cereal, a sack lunch, fruit and milk, in one visit. Under relaxed federal guidelines, parents may now pick up the “grab and go” meals. Parents must bring a student ID or report card with them if the student is unable to come to the site. Locations listed here.
- Queen Anne’s – Students may receive a bagged lunch and breakfast Monday-Friday while schools are closed at the locations listed
- Somerset – PLEASE NOTE ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS AND TIMES HAVE BEEN ADDED: Somerset County Public Schools will continue to provide meals for students throughout the two-week mandated closure by the Maryland State Department of Education in an effort to control the transmission of COVID-19. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the weeks of March 16th and March 23rd, Somerset County Public Schools will deliver meals to locations throughout the county. Please click here for additional information from SCPS.
- St. Mary’s – The drive-up lunch service will continue from March 30-April 3, 2020, Monday-Friday, at the locations listed below from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Meals will be offered to all children 18 years and younger free of charge. Parents and children can drive up to these locations and receive meals that they can take home during our current school closures. Additional information will follow regarding the continuity of meal programs for the upcoming weeks. Please click here for additional information from SMCPS.
- Talbot – Based on the Governor’s Stay at Home Directive issued by Executive Order on March 30, 2020, TCPS meal distribution for children ages 2-18 will move to PICK-UP ONLY. Beginning Tuesday March 31, meal pick-upwill CONTINUE AT THE FOLLOWING SITES ONLY on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9-11 a.m. Meal packs that contain breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday you will pick up meal packs that contain breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack for Friday and Monday along with weekend CarePacks. Please click https://www.tcps.k12.md.us/here for additional details and information from Talbot County Public Schools.
- Chapel District Elementary
- Easton Middle
- Easton Elementary-Dobson
- Michaels Middle High
- Tilghman Elementary
- White Marsh Elementary
- Washington – Washington County Public Schools will be serving meals Monday-Friday March to all children. Please click here for information on meal service locations and times.
- Wicomico – Wicomico County Public Schools is making meal bundle pickup available for all children every weekday 12-1PM at six schools and community locations. Free meals are available to children up to age 18 and to students over 18 who are mentally or physically disabled. Please click here for more information on meal service locations and information.
- Worcester – WCPS is providing bagged lunches at the locations listed
If you have any questions, please contact Noora Kanfash at firstname.lastname@example.org